CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, August 01, 2011

11 Weeks only 203 Days to Go!

Had my second OBGYN appointment today.  For the most part I like my new doctor.  I am still morning saying goodbye to my RE.  But my new OB understands infertility and gave me a scan even though she wasn't planning on it! I got to see Curly today!  She is growing!! (There is a debate in this household on boy vs. girl.  I am saying girl and daddy is saying boy.  Of course healthy is all that matters).  Today I saw her head, body and tiny little arms!!

I also had a gestational diabetes test - you know because I am old and fat.  My blood pressure is good so I am happy about that.  I really just want (as do all my IF followers) a normal (as normal as it gets for IVF) pregnancy.

I am really struggling with exhaustion.  My house is a total mess and there is dog hair everywhere! Adding caring for a very mobile 8 month old on top of pregnancy leads to a very exhausted momma!  I keep hearing I'll regain my energy but man am I tired!

My next scan is Aug. 15.  Once again because I am old and fat (well mostly old) I get to have one of those fancy scans to see if there are any abnormalities with the baby (who by the way is officially a fetus!).  My OB did suggest a CVS or Amnio - but we're going to pass - Curly is ours no matter what.

So I am still trying to enjoy this.... I pretty much anticipate seeing blood every time I go to the bathroom.  There are just so many women out there in blogland who have lost babies and my heart goes out to them.  My OB even commented on how her IF patients are different than her non-fertility (did I just make up a word?) challenged ones.  I am thankful that she understands.  I hope she gets to deliver Curly!

Well until my next update - I hope you're all well in your journey - I hope you're finding peace where ever you are.  Thanks for the support and encouragement!  Your comments and support do mean so much to me!

4 comments:

kaytee84 said...

Thank you for keeping this updated. I have sat for hours and read every blog entry on here from start to finish. It is a great source of inspiration for me as we have been IF for over two years and are facing IVF (and pondering decisions, such as ethics, adoption, etc.). So thanks again (it almost turned into a book/tv show type thing lol) and CONGRATULATIONS on your adoption and successful pregnancy!

Bea said...

Good that she understands. Sounds like things are moving in the right direction, that's for sure.

Bea

gracefullyHis said...

Congratulations on being pregnant! I am going to add you to my prayer list. The exhaustion will pass, it really will. Second trimester is the fun one in pregnancy.

Wendy
http://obedienttogodscalladoption.blogspot.com/

Sunny Jenny said...

Kaytee - I am so glad you read my blog!! I know infertility and ART is a scary mess to get in alone! Thank you for your congratulations! I hope your journey leads you to your dream!