CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Gave It All Away

Well it's official.

I gave all my meds away.

I turned them into my RE's office to be given to any couple that doesn't have insurance and needs meds.

It was hard... put that follistim has been sitting in my fridge for nearly a year and I just couldn't bare to look at it and I couldn't let those precious meds go to waste.

If my meds aren't going to get me pregnant they have to get someone pregnant.

I did talk with Harry before I dropped off the meds. He is cool with waiting until August. He seemed a little disappointed but he completely supports me. I wasn't afraid to tell him about my decision but more afraid that telling him would make it real. Harry is already thinking about what if IVF never works for us. I think he's ready to move onto Foster care/adoption. I am not so ready. My sweet Harry is so supportive of my desire and lovingly follows me in our reproductive choices. I love my guy.

My infertile friend has her first IUI scheduled for March. She's using my RE. I went to the office with her (that's when I dropped off my meds). I really love my RE staff. It was nice to see them and they are all so supportive. No pressure from them at all to cycle again. I am really happy for her and hope she'll have success with her first ART procedure, unlike so many of us. It's hard to be hopeful for her because I know the pain and disappointment that come with ART. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

I love you all and hope all my new mommies hold your babies extra close tonight and remember all of us still in ART hell, and all my pregnant ladies are happy and still grateful for their success, and to all my gals still waiting...it sucks.

That pretty much sums it all up!

7 comments:

Bea said...

I'm glad the meds weren't wasted. It must have been hard to finalise that decision, but it sounds like you made the right one. Love your guy.

Bea

soralis said...

Hope the break does you good.

Take care

Runergirl said...

I'm so glad that you made a decision for YOU! Take care of yourself!

x said...

It was so good of you to think of someone else and donate your meds. It does suck and I'm sorry your not out of this mess yet. I promise that I am grateful every second.

beagle said...

That's a huge step. I hope the break does your body, heart, and soul some serious good!

Very generous of you to donate the meds. I hope the good deed comes back to you twofold!

GLouise said...

It was very good of you to donate your meds! It is a hard decision to take a break, even just for a few months...wishing you all the best, and please keep us posted!!

Heather P. said...

I hope that the break does you well. Carl and I have taken many breaks over the 12 years TTC. It is ok to make that decision. You have to go with how you feel. I also have donated my meds in the past. It does make you feel good to hope that they work for someone else.
HEather