CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 20, 2007

Torn

I really don't know what to do.

I am torn between doing IVF/ISCI #2 and waiting.

The enormous cryo fees have really thrown Harry and I off. I hate that finances play such a huge roll in our quest for a child. Here are our options

  1. Proceed with IVF/ISCI #2 and continue to plunge deeper into debt.
  2. Postpone IVF/ISCI #2 until more financially secure.
  3. Try an IUI - Much less expensive and no need for cryo - however not sure if it's even worth the time.

I really don't know what to do. Harry suggested doing IVF/ISCI #2 without preserving left over embryos and took one look at me and changed his song.

I really don't know what to do and I need to make a decision cause AF is on her way.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

These decisions suck. It's so unfair that money has to be the deciding factor in all of this. It hurts so much. I hope you can find an answer for yourselves.

Reproductive Jeans said...

Decisions are surely tough...I wish you the best in making the one thats best for you all...HUGS

Bea said...

Yes. Sucks it has to be about money.

However, assvice: I agree with you in that I wouldn't go ahead without cryopreserving the embryos. Apart from anything else, it seems penny-wise and pound-foolish.

I'm not sure how viable the IUI option is for you two, but I would be inclined to save my money for something which has a reasonable chance of working. See also penny-wise, pound-foolish. IUI might fall into that category for you, I don't know.

So that leaves putting things off or taking out a loan and going ahead. I would do whichever is going to cause the least stress and strain. Medically speaking, an extra month or two won't make that much difference. On the other hand, you don't want to be stuck here in limbo forever.

Bea

Amy R said...

Ugh; I'm sorry Jenny. It seems the costs associated with IVF just never seem to end. :(

GLouise said...

It's so unfair that it comes down to money.

You never know though, you may end up with a situation where you use all the embies that are created. My RE last told me that only 30% of couples have any embies left over to freeze after transfer.

(which proved oddly prophetic in my case, when I had barely 1 embie to transfer ;-( )

Wishing you all the best,

linda said...

I don't know how old you are or how many antrals you have in this cycle, but you have one other option that you didn't mention:

Skip the cryo.

Put them all in.

If you're older, like me, this might be a good gamble and it's what I will do with my current IVF no matter how many I get.

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

These decisions are so damn hard. It is so unfair that you have to weigh your finances against having a child when most people get the latter of the two for free. Hugs to you.