CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

My Last Day

Today is the last day.

Tomorrow I begin the tumultuous journey of IVF/ISCI #2

I start lu.pron and prometrium tomorrow.

Why pr.ometrium you ask...

well.....

I didn't ovulate this month. I haven't ovulated the past 3 months. Before that I was doing really good. 27-28 day cycles -- then the ovaries gave up the ghost.

I think my body is sabotaging me. Right when I want to start my cycle it starts to act up!

So I start the lupr.on and wait for AF to show up after the prometrium.

I am still very anxious and completely terrified that this cycle will still leave us empty handed. I am still extremely stressed about the whole egg retrieval. I am just trying to take it one step at a time.

We are going to freeze any extra 5 day embryos. (Thanks for all the advice) My parents (God bless them) have offered to help cover the costs. "It's our grandbaby" they said.

Please, please let this one be the grandbaby!

I am off to Orlando for a week! See you all when I get back.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so hope this is the one that does the trick. Good luck!!!

Bea said...

I'm so glad your parents are able to help. I would not have liked to think of you not being able to keep any extra embryos. Fingers very firmly crossed for you. Sing happy songs! (Seriously - works wonders.)

Bea

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Good luck my love. I so hope that this one is the grandbaby. Enjoy Orlando!!

formerteacher said...

That's great news about your parents helping! They sound like wonderful people. I hope, along with everyone else, that this cycle is THE cycle!!! Enjoy your vacation!

JJ said...

Have a great trip, and I hope this cycle is IT!

Anonymous said...

fingers crossed, Sunny J. i'll be thinking of you!

nancy said...

Have a ~wonderful~ vacation and we'll all be here with you through this cycle. I understand your fears, you put so much stock in #1 and when it fails, it's hard to have hope. Or even WANT it. You take it easy this week!

Anonymous said...

I was also very stressed about my egg retrieval. Good luck with yours!!

BTW, if you visit my blog, the pw is "frozen".

GLouise said...

How wonderful of your parents!! Wishing you all the best.

Anonymous said...

I hope this is your time. Freeze everything you have left because you never know if you retrieve as many eggs next time. I always got many follicles until i started to do ivf and only 1 time i made it through a retrieval and we only had 3 embryos. All looked perfect and none took. We tried so many more ivf cycles and i never got up to 4 follies again and they wont do ivf without at least 4 follies. URGH. Save em and pay for em if you got em. (just my 2 cents)

Anonymous said...

I just found this by accident & I wish you nothing but the best. I am due to start my first IVF cycle in September going towards an October retrieval/transfer. I hope this one sticks. *hugs*

An IVFer Too

Becks said...

Good luck - we're not far apart in our treatment!

Becks said...

I gave just started IVF/ICSI #2 so we are cycle buddies. The best of luck SJ!!