CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Stand Back Woman Having Emotional Breakdown in Baby Aisle

It was a normal shopping experience at that store with the bulls eye logo.


Harry and I putter around the store picking up needed items.


Your normal average day.


Until I wonder over to the baby aisle. Normally I am okay in this often unknown territory, but if I go there looking for my little nephew, I usually have no problem.


I always love to pick him out little onesies with cool logos like:


Spit Happens


or


Bald is Beautiful


But on this day I saw this...


there it was, a little pink onesies. I was paralyzed and overwhelmed with emotions. This little pink snappy shirt thing brought me to an emotional ball of tears and snot in less than 2 seconds.
I took a picture with my camera phone. I wanted to buy it but have a major aversion to buying any personal baby products. So there is stayed. On its little baby hanger.
Little baby you are worth the wait.
I am just tired of waiting.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

The waiting is so damn hard. Infertiles have to wait for everything. It is so unfair. I hope that your wait is over soon. Hugs.

Bea said...

I love that someone's gone out and made one of these - it's the perfect slogan - very subtle.

Bea

GLouise said...

Wow- that is amazing. Do they come in blue, also? :-) I am tempted to order in all sizes.

beagle said...

Am I just so cynical and jaded at this point? But my reaction to that shirt in a bullseye logo store would not have been "Wow, look how they are addressing infertility", but rather something like "Do they really consider 9 months to be a long time to wait?"

I need an attitude adjustment if all I see is the glass half empty!

I like your take better.

Sunny Jenny said...

beagle-

I had the same reaction - part of my emotional break down. I did take a picture of the onesies with my cell phone. I showed it to my infertile friend and she said, "Yeah, we really know what that means."

formerteacher said...

Boy that slogan pretty much says it all, doesn't it?! I hope you don't have to wait much longer.

runergirl said...

I understand, so many little things make me cry like that. I'm sorry.

soralis said...

Waiting stinks! What else can I say... big hug

x said...

I hope that your wait is over soon. The baby isle is a scarey one, I still find it hard to go down.

Heather P. said...

I hope that you are getting to put that on a baby really soon. Waiting is so hard to do.

Amy said...

Aww, I've had those breakdowns in the baby aisle before too. I've had those breakdowns in a few locations. ::Hugs::

Cat said...

Hi, I decided to browse for infertile and came across you. This post struck me because it so sounds like me. I have this issue more at church because everyone and their dog's brother has had a baby in the past two and a half years, but still......I hope you don't mind, but I take comfort in the fact that I'm not the only one. All my friends are fertile and happy and don't understand where I'm coming from.

Anonymous said...

Don't know if any men on here have ever posted.
I cannot have children. Never.
It was hard to hear at first, but think it was ment to be for a reason.
Try and date women with this problem. I believe in honesty, but ladies when is the right time to tell her. Most women do what children.
What do you think?