CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Waiting

It's been a rough night.

The ups and downs of infertility only intensify once you think you have a positive...

We're still so overwhelmed and can't possibly believe that we will make it through this with a real live baby.

I woke up in the middle of the night to pee and discovered I was bleeding.

It was red blood. Not a lot --only saw it when I wiped (sorry if this is TMI).

I spent the rest of the night on line goo.g.gling 'bleeding during pregnancy'.

Called my RE's call service at 6 AM. The RN returned my call in 10 minutes and said that all we can do is wait and as soon as we have the blood results she'll let me know.

Bleeding has seemed to tapper off.

Just got the blood results phone call. BETA is 14. Yesterday was 12 dpIUI. I don't know what this means. Of course I've goo.g.g.led Hcg levels and am still none the wiser.

RN says its a positive and to come in on Monday and not to be too concerned cause it is still very early.

So we're back to the waiting game.

This is torture.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I've been reading your blog for a while, and I just want to carefully congratulate you with your positive test. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, that the HCG will go through the roof! I'm living in The Netherlands, Europe, and finally got pregnant after 3 IVF's, so I know how scared you are at the moment. And yes, this is the most difficult part of the whole process, as you are so close. Hang in there, but try to have some faith in the little one!

Good luck with the waiting,
Eefje (http://zeefjes.web-log.nl)

Rachel said...

I'm excited for you! Fingers crossed.

Bea said...

Yes, 12dpiui is quite early. You're not yet through the 2ww! Whatever happens, I'm very pleased you can get a positive - that gives yo a much better chance for the future. And on an IUI as well! Let's hope this is the only positive you need to get your baby. Fingers crossed.

Bea

Knock Me Up said...

Hopefully this is the very beginning of long-term good news. I'll be hoping and hoping AND checking back in on Monday to see how you are doing.