CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, August 18, 2006

The Decision

Harry and I have come to a decision.

We're doing the FET.

I called my RE RN this week to talk over some of our thoughts and worries. Let me just say I love my clinic! In their negotiation with the new lab, they made sure to explain my case and made sure that if I ever undergo
another ER I won't have an epidural but will be under general anesthesia. I am so blessed to have a doctor, nurse, and staff that genuinely care for me! I love them to bits!

I went in for blood work this morning. I'll probably start Lupron in the next week.

So, in my conversation with my RE RN she advised us to use the frosties. We have two 4 cell and two 3 cell frosties...



Number 3 is the much loved "elephant boy" embryo. -- my little underachievers...

I am very distant this cycle. Not excepting the quartet to survive the thaw but willing to give them the chance for life. Harry is supportive and is willing to hope for one more FET.

On another note we're house shopping! Well actually shitty condo shopping. That's all we can afford in this highly over priced housing market. But it will be our shitty condo!

11 comments:

Serenity said...

Congratulations on making a decision that you and Harry can both be comfortable with.

Since it is easier to hope for someone else, I want you to know that I am very much hoping that your little "underachievers" do great things for you!!!!

Hopeful Mother said...

Wishing you all the best for you, Harry and the frosties. I love Elephant Boy!

Also very cool news on the house shopping. I hope you find something good for a "reasonable" price...

seattlegal said...

Congrats on making the decision. I'm rooting for your frosties!

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

It sounds like you made a great decision. I am wishing you all the best your FET cycle. I am rooting for your little frosties.

Have fun house shopping! How exciting!

Bea said...

Congrats! And good luck! On the house and also making that all-important FET decision.

Bea

formerteacher said...

Glad you and Harry were able to make this decision together. Infertility can be so hard in so many ways.
I'll be thinking of you and hoping that your little underachievers make it! Also, hoping that you are able to find a condo you love! My husband and I can't afford to move anywhere else. We are lucky that we bought in right before the boom 8 years ago. Only problem is that there is now no where for us to go. The next level 'up' is just too expensive. So we'll continue to live in a home too small for us, but hey, like you said, it's our small little home!
Good luck to you on all fronts!

soralis said...

Good luck with the FET!!

Hope you find a wonderful condo!

Take care

Angie said...

Wishing you the best this cycle! Also, I hope you are able to find a nice house!

YouGuysKnow said...

good luck with this FET. i wish the best to you. i am in the middle of a FET cycle right now, myself. and good luck finding a (not-too) shity condo... LOL!

x said...

I am glad that you are giving it another shot. Sometimes those underacheivers can come through. I really hope this one works out.

Congrats on the house/condo shopping. It will be nice to have your own place.

Thalia said...

Let's hope that elephant embryo or one of its siblings can surprise you.