CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, August 24, 2007

Blessing in Disguise

That's what I am calling it. "What?" is my blessing you ask?

Well, it's my canceled IVF/ISCI#2 cycle!

I knew I was heading down this road when I only had 2 follicles on Monday. Today's scan shows 3. Not a good response.

My RE went the conservative route with my stims this time around. She wanted to avoid another massive over stimulation like we had from IVF #1.

Quality over quantity was the goal.

Well screw that!

We're converting to an IUI - to be done on Sunday.

"Now you know, you're chances aren't good" warns the RE RN

"Yes, I know, we have lousy sperm." I retort.

Well I was dragging my heals from the beginning -- didn't really want to undergo the ER and then there was the whole - second mortgage to freeze your embryos trauma.

So, maybe this is a blessing in disguise. That's my angle anyways.

I am ok, not too torn up. If this had happened at IVF #1 I would have been a wreck. Luckily experience has hardened my heart and given me a deeper perspective on life and infertility.

Fingers crossed!

8 comments:

Delenn said...

I got my Lucky Bunny slippers on for ya!

Good luck!

anna said...

All my digits will be crossed for you! Who knows...maybe this will work. I'm sorry for the cancelled cycle and have faith that it will work out for you yet. You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous said...

So glad to read that you are in good spirits although the cycle was converted. I have my fingers so crossed for you. The best of luck for this cycle.

beagle said...

Fingers crossed here as well!

Bea said...

I'm glad you're ok with it. And *much* stranger things have happened... so good luck!

Bea

soralis said...

Wishing you luck, sorry about the converted cycle though.

JJ said...

Sorry for the last minute change of plans--but sounds like you are going in positive!=) I am thinking of you!

Rachel said...

I'm sorry. But maybe, just maybe there will be a miracle. Good luck.