CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, January 23, 2006

Bloody HURRY UP!! - No pun intended

I am late. Today should be CD 1 and Flow has not shown up. I am definitely NOT pregnant and AF absence has more to do with my PCOS than a baby. COULD YOU HURRY UP PLEASE!! Our next step is waiting for AF to arrive! I took out my IVF binder the other day (the first time since my IVF orientation) and looked over everything again. I must say that I am feeling like I understand something after reading so many blogs!

Two tests I have to have are a uterine sounding and a mock implantation. Do these hurt? Should I request valium? I am a sissy when it comes to anything in the pain arena. I especially hate anything gynecologically speaking! How I will deliver a child I cannot fathom. Once I get a bun in the oven I'll worry about how to get it out. Can I take drugs for these tests? I am going to ask my RE RN when I call once AF decides to show up! oooh, I felt a tingle....

So can anyone share their test stories and give me a clue? Should I go for valium or percocet?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea if the uterine sounding hurts. My RE did my uterine sounding when it was time for egg retrieval, so I was under anesthesia. Unfortunately, I have a steep incline once in the cervix, so she was unable to measure me adequately.

When I had my transfer done, the RE needed a sonographer in the room with us to guide her as she was unable to measure the depth of my uterus during the retrieval.

The transfer was painful. I took a valium before the transfer, but it didn't make any difference. However, I have not heard anyone else complain of a painful transfer so don't take my experience as the matter of fact.

Thanks for the link to the Myers Briggs. I am ISFJ, Introverted, Sensing, Feeling, Judging with 88% of the preference on Feeling.

I hope the Flow shows up soon.

Portlairge said...

Hi
Welcome to Bloglandia. I am also married to a Brit and drink tea with milk in it. I have had neither of those tests done but I always think valium is good. I hope the crimson bitch turns up soon so you can get this show on the road. The best of luck to you.

Kellie said...

I had both, it didn't hurt me. It kind of felt like a pap smear.

Good luck!

Sunny Jenny said...

Kellie - can you elaborate? I need details! I am still freaking out!

Anonymous said...

I haven't had either of those tests so I don't have any input.
I hope your period has made its arrival so you can get everything else moving along.
Good luck!