CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, January 19, 2006

I am an ESFJ

What's your Myer's Brigg personality type?

What makes an ESFJ tick?

The Dominant function is the judging one of Feeling. Characteristics associated with this function include:
Makes decisions on the basis of personal values
Is appreciative and accepting of people - enjoying company and seeking harmony
Assesses the impact of decisions on others, being sympathetic or compassionate
Takes a personal approach
The judging Feeling function is extroverted. That is, Feeling is used primarily to govern the outer world of actions and spoken words. The ESFJ will therefore:

  • seek stable, harmonious relationships
  • tend to adapt to the environment, taking on board those values that are held as important by friends and family, or society as a whole
  • express the appreciation that is felt towards others
  • tend to consider others' feelings before his/her own
  • be sensitive to praise and criticism, and seek to conform to others' reasonable expectations
    The Feeling function is primarily supported by introverted Sensing perception, That is, Sensing perception is used primarily to manage the inner world of thoughts and emotions. This will modify the way that the Feeling is directed, by:
  • focusing the (outer world) Feeling on current relationships and people, e.g.: through social events and fact-based conversation
  • finding practical ways to be of service to people
  • viewing people subjectively, observing facts that support harmonious relationships

The classic temperament of an ESFJ is Epimethean, or Melancholic, for whom a basic driving force is duty, service and the desire to belong.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what my Myers-Briggs type is. I couldn't figure out how to take the test on your link (but I didn't spend a lot of time looking either).

Welcome to Bloglandia, though I'm sorry you're here due to IF. Reading other blogs has been really therapeutic for me, and having this device for venting has been quite a saving grace.

My story may be a bit depressing for you as it's been mostly failure and loss, but there are so many of us who have success with IVF and other IF treatments. I'm not one of those stories, but I've run out of money so it doesn't really mean that it's impossible. I just have extra obstacles. I've decided to take control over the one obstacle I can afford at the moment and that's the obesity issue. Hopefully the PCOS symptoms will resolve themselves, and I'll have happier posts in the future.

I'm not sure who you follow, but some of my favorite sites are:

http://babyquestblog.blogspot.com/

I followed her throughout her entire treatment, and now she's almost due. Her IF was male factor.

http://knockedupthenknockeddown.blogspot.com/

This one is about a woman who is going through secondary infertility. She already has a son, and is struggling to conceive a sibling.

http://legsup.blogspot.com/

Ova Girl is a wickedly funny playwright. She's newly pregnant after a failed IVF and a successful FET

http://maryscarlet.blogs.com/
http://waitingwomb.blogspot.com/
http://iftheredsoxcanwin.blogspot.com/

These three sites above are of women who are all still fighting in the trenches

http://deadbugs.blogspot.com/

This site has tons and tons of links to other IF sites that I regularly lurk.

I hope that my site didn't cause you any trepidation. Yes, the risk is higher for us "cysters" for ovarian hyperstimulation -- I've had OHSS twice. It's not as scary as everyone makes it seem. It's just a lot of pressure, and uncomfortable, and emotional because one goes through the emotions of rage and despair that the cycle is going wrong.

You have a great attitude. If you have the resources, I'm sure that IVF will work out for you. I think the statistic is that 70% of PCO women are able to conceive and carry a child to term on an average of 3 assisted cycles.

I look forward to following your story, and wish you the best of luck... and maybe you can learn a little from my quest to conquer this cruel disease.

Now that I've totally hijacked your blog -- I suppose you can carry on.

Sunny Jenny said...

Spanglish- Thanks for the encouragement! You're blog has been a great source of encouragement. It has opened my eyes a little but that isn't necessarily a bab thing! Here's a link to take a myers-briggs type test
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

Let me know what you discover!