CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, January 26, 2006

My Ovaries Have Something Against Me

I don't know what I ever did to them but they're really starting to mess with me! Four days late now and I am getting more and more upset. You'd think after two years of waiting, hoping, and trying for a baby my ovaries would cooperate! Just when all the planets had aligned to make it possible for me and Harry to undergo IVF my ovaries have to kick up! UG! I am beginning to take it personally!

Maybe my ovaries are having their own little protest due to my SIL's impending birthing of my most adorable nephew? Perhaps there holding a sit in a vain attempt to cause my nephew to hurry the heck up and be born!

Yet perhaps it is the metformin that is reeking such havoc on my carefully timed and schedule fertility treatment. I started taking metformin in June 04 and my bloody aunt return promptly in August 04. Since then you could time a watch on my cycles. However, in the last 4 months I haven't been as diligent in taking my meds as prescribed. My endocrinologist prescribed 3 500mg pills a day - breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Never having liked being told what to do, I began to miss/skip my afternoon dose. Beside being incredibly forgetful I also completely dislike the side affect my afternoon delight left me with. Let's just say it kept me running to the bathroom... and it wasn't pretty. That's when AF decide to take her own sweet time. In my last visit with my RE I confessed my sin and promised to make amends. My beloved RE suggested that I take 1 pill in the morning and 2 at night. Now, understanding that my RE does have a medical degree and is a very capiable doctor and pioneer in the field of ART, I don't think her advice is working. EDIVENCE -4 DAYS LATE! So today I went back on my old plan of 3 times a day and timed 3 alarms to go off at 1 PM and tied a piece of string to my finger...


Whatever is going on I have never ever wanted a period so bad! period.

1 comments:

Kellie said...

It is not fair. It's all about waiting, and now your body is making you wait even more :(