CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Ignorance is Bliss

So the saying goes. I am beginning to believe. After 48 hours of reading countless infertility/IVF blogs am more uncertain than I was before. I've heard about things I didn't even know existed. However, in a strange way I am comforted. It is soothing to read other women's stories about their struggles with infertility. Countless miscarriages and failed implants and yet they still conceived. There is some hope. So where am I emotionally after reading all these blogs? Don't really know. I know that I don't feel so alone. Some nice people have been very encouraging. I guess I am still too numb to put a finger on my feelings. Adoption friend just called me. Conversation went something like this:

Friend: So how are you feeling about this IVF thing. Have you come to a peace?

Me: No, not really...I don't know how I feel...

Friend: Well then don't do it. Don't do it if you're not 100% sure...

Me(thinking): If she says there's always ADOPTION I'll scream...

So for now I am just waiting until Cycle Day1 to call the RE for the next step. I'll keep blogging and keep posting.

Dh has christened me bloggy Mary.

2 comments:

Heather P. said...

Hello!
You left your address on my blog yesterday so I came to read up on you! I am heathersinfertilityjourney.blogspot.com Just so you may remember.

I have pcos like you. I have had the hyperovarian stimulation that you are so afraid of. I am here to say that if you have drs you trust the HOS will not be a problem. They will know in advace that there is going to be a problem and cancel the cycle just like my RE did. I see you are from northern va I am from the eastern panhandle of WV. My dr is in Winchester VA. If you want more info on him then email me a pleasantswife@aol.com and in the message line leave About you dr.
I am just 2-3 weeks from delivering a miracle IVF baby. This is my 2nd I lost the first. I got pregnant both times with IVF. I lost Lorna due to blood clots and not PCOS. The drs aren't trying to scare you they just want you to have all the facts. They want you to have a handle on the reality that it might not work. Then again It may. Thanks for saying the tribute to lorna was beautiful.

P.S.
Nice web sites to visit that have message boards for women ttc/ ttc after loss/ over a year / ivf ect where you can meet and talk to women who are in the same boat. Are
www.pregnancyweekly.com www.pregnancy.org
These web sites I have made and found wonderful friends. One of which I met at my baby shower. She wanted to come. We both experienced a 2nd trimester loss. We had a bond and have been chatting since. I wouldn't have met her if it hadn't been for pregnancyweekly. Good luck to you and I will add your blog to my list on my web site if you would like.
Heather

TigerJen said...

I'm short on time, but after posting and reading some actual messages to my last post I decided I'd check out your blog. Good luck to you! I'll stop in another day.

TigerJen