CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Out the Window

Well one door has closed and we're climbing through a window.

Or so it seems...

Monday night was our first Lupron injection for our FET.

It hurt.

Not physically...but emotionally. The injection signified that IVF #1 really failed. Harry and I sat on the bed holding each other for a while...needle in hand ready...Starting over means leaving #2 and #4 and acknowledging that it really didn't work. It was a hard pill to swallow.

I met with my RE RN Monday. As much as I love my clinic I often wonder if they have any idea who we are. I know my RE RN recognizes me but I don't think she knows me or my medical history. Many times I had to correct her about dosages and occurrences for IVF #1.

Is is wrong to be worried that you know more than the trained professionals? We discussed the value/success of Prometrium suppositories vs. POI. We're going with POI this time. RE RN wanted to know if I could handle the larger needle. My response...

"The physical pain, I can handle...it's the emotional pain that's killing me."

I think the POI is a good idea considering I started my period on the Prometrium suppositories...

Looks like FET will be around June 1.

11 comments:

Serenity said...

Oh, Jenny, I can SO identify with you... IVF #1 didn't work for us either - I was pregnant for a whole week before it went to sh*t.

We're debating a FET and I just can't wrap my brain around it because it means that I'll have to accept fully that the first round failed. SO hard.

I hope it gets easier and this will be the last cycle you'll ever have to deal with injections.

If it's ok with you, I'd like to post a link from my blog to yours?

Hang in there.

Heather P. said...

Good Luck with the FET. I am sorry I have been a bad blogger friend lately! Hope this cycle goes easy and with a great bfp on the end of it.

soralis said...

I am so sorry round one didn't work out. Hang in there and I hope good things are to come for you.

Take care

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I commend you and your husband for having the strength to go forward with the FET. My Hubby and I are praying for you.

Anonymous said...

I don't know the protocol for FET as I haven't done that yet... but I'm sad that it involves Lupron. For some reason I was under the impression that those drugs wouldn't come into play with the FET. I guess I'll learn through you as I am not ready yet to take that step.

You'll be in my heart each step of the way. Good luck.

YouGuysKnow said...

climbing through a window. i like that. and the cool thing is there are LOTS of windows in a house... right? ok, so good luck on the FET and with those prog shots. you're brave!

formerteacher said...

Oh, how I can relate to you about knowing more than the professionals do! It's really irritating too.
I used the PIO with my IVF. Yes, the needle was bigger and hurt, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. I would just think to myself that I'd do anything for a baby, so if I had to use PIO then that's what I'd do.

Maya said...

I am sorry that your RE RN wasn't on top of things with you. I hope that go well with your FET

Sarah said...

So sorry that the first one didn't work. We just started our first, but I'm already thinking about how I will deal with the failure should it happen. I wish you the best of luck for the FET!

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

Good luck with your FET. You are in my thoughts. Hugs!

x said...

You are so right, the physical is nothing compared to the mental. I guess I'll do the suppositories again, I still don't have my period.
I have to wait 3 periods for my FET. Suckbutt!
You know I'm pulling for you. If you get success I just might have a little hope for myself (not to put any pressure on you).