CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, May 12, 2006

Resurrected Hope

I still can't believe we're going to get to do our FET!

Harry and I decided on Wednesday to hang up our IVF hat for the summer. We prayed and cried (well I did the crying) about it and decided. I stopped my Lupron and called the RE on Thursday to let them know and schedule a consultation.

Apparently the whole clinic felt so bad for us and know what we've been through that they tried the insurance company one more time. And Tina got lucky!


Want to know the insurance company's rational and how Tina jumped through loop wholes to make it work? Well...

Insurance doesn't handle any cryopreservation. We paid to have our embryos preserved. So they won't deal with a FET. BUT Tina knew they would deal with a transfer. SO Harry and I pay for the thawing and the RE clinic bills it as a ET not an FET and they'll cover it! GEEEZ LOUISE!!

God bless TINA!! I did bring her flowers as per Spanglish's suggestion! - Thanks! She was very grateful!

So we're back on for our FET!

For all my lovely sisters who have the strength and enough hope to move onto a FET... here is what my protocol is:

*****
Decrease Lupron to 5 u - May 12

Start Femtrace - May 14 (hmmmmm any significance?)

May 14 - May 18
2 pills a day - morning and evening

May 19 - May 26
3 pills a day - morning, afternoon, and evening

See RE RN on May 26

FET is scheduled for June 1
*****
There is a whole lot less monitoring and medications with a FET. My RE RN says all the stars have aligned .... I don't know if that's a money back guarantee or not...

AND

I found out how our clinic defrosts the embryos....

They do it one at a time! I am SO THANKFUL! I was afraid they would defrost all of them and then only transfer 2!

So.....

Dare I say it...

I am feeling hopeful...

11 comments:

Hopeful Mother said...

That is wonderful. I hope this is the cycle for you where the "stars are aligned!" I'll be thinking of you!!

beagle said...

That Tina is a gem! Good of you to honor that with flowers. There is little thanks in a job like that I would think.

Good Luck with the FET!

Alli and Frankie said...

Great news - Sending prayers your way for a successful cycle!!

formerteacher said...

Hope is a wonderful thing! I am so impressed with your clinic! AN infertility clinic that goes the extra mile for a patient? That's a new one! good luck to you, and congrats. on such wonderful news!!!
(Oh, I'd thank Tina in a special way.)

soralis said...

I am so happy for you! Good luck with you FET!

Angie said...

Awesom! That sounds great. Sending you lots of hope!

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

How sweet of you to take Tina some flowers. I am so happy that you are feeling hopeful again! I hope that this is your cycle!! Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info on the FET. And I'm flattered that you took my suggestion for Tina the jewel.

OF COURSE you're hopeful. And it's contagious.

Maya said...

I am so happy that you are being taken care of correctly. It is amazing how a little re-wording can make a huge difference. I am glad you're feeling hopeful again. We all need it once in a while and more importantly need to see that hope fulfilled. That is what I am hoping for you.

Serenity said...

wonderful wonderful!!!! I am crossing my fingers that this is the one for you.

And remember - hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things.

x said...

YEAH!!! So soon, that is excellent. Waiting is the craps, better to just get started and do it. My clinic thaws one at a time too. We want to get as many tries as we can!!!