CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, June 02, 2006

I am that Woman...

I am that Woman we all hope, wish, and pray for...cause if it works for her then maybe just maybe it will work for us.

Day 2 best rest - I am going nuts! I have my mother "taking care of me" which really means pestering me to stay on my back. I've tried to explain the sticky peanut butter uterus to her and that my embryos will not fall out....bless her she doesn't get it.

Transfer went smoothly. It was very different the second time around. Both Harry and I were numb and sort of going through the motions. There wasn't a surge of paternal joy and giddiness as before and as we were driving home I kept thinking "nothing is different - you're still infertile" It's so hard to get excited to even dream - I have no expectations of pregnancy but will be devastated when this FET fails.

We had 3 embryos transferred. 2 8 cells that grew into 12 cells and where class II (some fragmentation) and 1 6 cell that grew into an 8 cell class I (best class) they were all 100% alive. I didn't get any pictures and I think I got a sonogram but don't know what I did with it. If you want to see pictures of our pre-frozen embryos
look here.

I think they transferred the elephant man.

I am hanging in there only 10 days left...

12 comments:

Mary Ellen and Steve said...

I am so glad that your transfer went smoothly. Try to think positive thoughts and get lots of rest. I really have no room to talk though because I sucked at bedrest.

I hope that the next two weeks passes quickly for you and that you have wonderful news for us soon. Sending lots of sticky thoughts your way. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad transfer went well. Best of luck surviving the 2ww.

soralis said...

Good Luck. I hope this is the one for you.

Take care

Hopeful Mother said...

Best of luck - I will be thinking of you and praying for stickiness! (You know what I mean!)

Angie said...

I'm am so happy that your transfer went well! Rent some movies and relax. I hope that your 2ww goes quickly. Thinking of you!

x said...

You are right - your that woman for me right now. Not to put any pressure on you or anything.

I hope the time doesn't drag too much, it's the second week that is the killer. I am glad your mom is there, we all deserve to be babied sometimes.

Serenity said...

I am very glad the transfer went well. Hang in there... sending tons of sticky dust that this is it for you.

Barely Sane said...

Good Luck!!! Glad to hear the transfer was smooth.

Fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

I so understand about the hope thing. Hoping is damn exhausting (and sometimes forced positive thinking is just as bad or worse). Feel what you feel, but listen to mom and stay on your back. Take it easy. Rent lots of funny, fluffy movies and read trashy novels. Do whatever you have to do to make those ten days roll on by. Good luck.

Sarah said...

Good luck with the 2ww. Sounds like the transfer went really smoothly. Definately get lots of rest, but the bed rest does suck...believe me, I know. I am ending week 1 to be followed by week 2 and possibly week 3...movies, books and the internet. I was contemplating online poker too, but haven't figured out where I can do it for free since we are broke from the IF!!

Hope is a fickle friend, so I am just trying to enjoy each and every day that brings good news and am trying not to think too much about what will or will not happen in the future!

Bea said...

Another step down, problem is we don't know how many there are to go.

I'm hoping not that many.

We can but hope. And roll our eyes at well-intentioned mums.

Bea

Meg said...

Jenny - I hope the next ten days fly by. Take care x