CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

It Has Begun

My injection protocol has begun! I've just received my first injection of Lupron. Yes it was comical and it went something like this...

Harry and I are in the bedroom. I've got all my tools laid out and have read the directions about 5 times and lectured Harry on proper protocol about 100 times. My syringe is poised and full of my wonder drug that will begin our first IVF cycle. Harry and I discuss the best place to inject. Thigh or tummy? I have to pinch and inch and find this quite difficult. Not because there aren't any inches to pinch but because I can't grab any fat!

Tummy wins...

Standing in the bedroom...syringe in hand...poised and ready for action.

1...2...3..

Me: "I CAN'T DO IT!"
Harry:"Come on Honey you can do it...ready...1...2...3.."

Me: "No, no I can't you have to do it."

Harry gets out of bed and walks over to my side...I contemplate giving him the needle...

Me:"No I'll do it."

I decide on the slow painful route and barely stick the needle in...then I PULL IT OUT!

Me:"OUCH! I CAN'T DO IT...You better do it"

I lay back on the bed and 1..2..3.. it's over! Harry has done it and it didn't hurt a bit...Quite like sex!

So, I've begun...Haven't turned into a hormonal lunatic yet but am going to bed for my evening cocktail of 500mg of Metformin and 400mg of Prometrium.


Exciting and terrifying at the same time!!

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

soralis said...

Congrats on making it through your first shot (that is the most difficult!). I still remember my first shot, I held the needle above my belly for a long time before I finally stuck it in! Good luck with your cycle!

x said...

Yeah for you taking the first shot.
Of course we wish you all the luck in the world.

I finally got my "couples Guide to IVF". It's the best! Your the best for telling me about it.